Daughter of Smoke & Bone Questions
- What fairy tales does Daughter of Smoke and Bone remind you of? Why? Are the characters, setting, writing style, etc., familiar?
- Can Karou peacefully end the conflict between seriphim and chimaera?
- Why do you think Zuzana puts up with Karou, who isn't a very reliable friend? What does Karou's friendship offer Zuzana?
- After Madrigal dies, why does Akiva go back on his promise to not kill any more chimaera?
- What's the difference between hoping something will happen and wishing for it to?
- Although the book isn't divided into parts, there are little epigraphs sprinkled throughout the novel. How do these divide up the book?
- Why do you think Laini Taylor chose to include them?
- If you could wish for anything, what would you wish for? If someone else would feel pain as a result of your wish, would you still make your wish?
- What kind of chimaera would you want to be? You can pick a different head, body, legs, etc. It's like doing Mad Libs for your body… Have fun.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...