Dead End in Norvelt
Dead End in Norvelt Chapter 18 Summary
- Bunny offers Jack a job helping her father with some fresh corpses, which he obviously turns down, since he's afraid of his own blood.
- She then comes up with another scheme: they should take Miss Volker's car and to go a baseball game in Pittsburgh. (Bunny really, really wants to hang out).
- Instead, Jack convinces Bunny to come into his room to look at his … book igloo. Ooookay.
- We then find out one of Jack's more bizarre hobbies: book sniffing. Bunny gets really mad at him for this, and accuses him of making her "smell the crotch of an old book" (18.50).
- Here's another clue to the mystery: Mr. Huffer is the one buying up all of the Norvelt houses and having them moved to Eleanor, WV.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search