Book of Deuteronomy
Cite This Page
Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 26 Summary
But Wait, There's More!
- When they make it to the Promised Land, the Israelites should bring a fruit offering to God and recite a creed that recounts their history. Intrigued? Check out our discussion of "Memory and the Past" for more.
- The Israelites must pay the tithe (1/10th) of their produce and give to the Levites and the needy. They must also recite a creed telling the Lord of their loyalty to the commandment and asking for God's blessing.
- And finally, Moses is finished reviewing the laws with the people.
- Since the Israelites have agreed to God's terms, the Lord will raise them above the other nations (16-19).
- Hope you're still awake. We know, Deuteronomy is as much legal handbook as it is story.