The Diary of Anne Frank
The Diary of Anne Frank Afterward Summary
- An editorial note informs us that on August 4, 1944, the police raided the Secret Annex.
- Anne and her family, along with all the other occupants, were taken away and sent to concentration camps.
- Mr. Kugler and Mr. Kleiman were arrested, although not Miep or Bep.
- Mr. van Daan died in a gas chamber in Auschwitz.
- Mrs. van Daan was transferred through a bunch of concentration camps and never made it out alive.
- Peter van Daan died during the German evacuation of Auschwitz to Mauthausen.
- Mr. Dussel died in a concentration camp called Neuengamme.
- Mrs. Frank starved to death in Auschwitz-Birkenau.
- Anne and Margot died from typhus at Bergen-Belsen camp within a few days of each other, only about two months before the camp was liberated.
- Otto Frank was the only one to make it out alive. He remarried about ten years later to another concentration camp survivor.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search