The Diary of Anne Frank
The Diary of Anne Frank Afterward Summary
- An editorial note informs us that on August 4, 1944, the police raided the Secret Annex.
- Anne and her family, along with all the other occupants, were taken away and sent to concentration camps.
- Mr. Kugler and Mr. Kleiman were arrested, although not Miep or Bep.
- Mr. van Daan died in a gas chamber in Auschwitz.
- Mrs. van Daan was transferred through a bunch of concentration camps and never made it out alive.
- Peter van Daan died during the German evacuation of Auschwitz to Mauthausen.
- Mr. Dussel died in a concentration camp called Neuengamme.
- Mrs. Frank starved to death in Auschwitz-Birkenau.
- Anne and Margot died from typhus at Bergen-Belsen camp within a few days of each other, only about two months before the camp was liberated.
- Otto Frank was the only one to make it out alive. He remarried about ten years later to another concentration camp survivor.