The Diary of Anne Frank
Cite This Page
The Diary of Anne Frank Friday, October 9, 1942 Summary Page 1
- Anne describes some news she’s gotten from the radio and Miep.
- The Gestapo are treating Jewish people without the least bit of decency or humanity.
- The radio says that people are getting gassed.
- Bep (one of the "protectors" who works in the office) is afraid her boyfriend will be sent to Germany to fight, where he is likely to die.
- Anne reflects how she used to be German but now Germans and Jews are now the greatest enemies.