The Diary of Anne Frank
Margot Frank Timeline and Summary
- Margot, sixteen, receives the call-up from the Nazis, and the family enters into hiding.
- Margot begins her school at home. She is considered an intelligent, responsible young woman by the adults in the house.
- Their parents constantly compare Margot and Anne and Margot is considered the more virtuous.
- Margot expresses minor jealousy that Anne has a romantic relationship with Peter van Daan. Margot hopes that she, too, can be there for Peter when he needs a friend – but in a sisterly way. She advises Anne how to approach their father about her relationship with Peter.
- Margot goes to the same labor camp as Anne and dies of typhus just a few days before Anne during late February or early March of 1945.