The Diary of Anne Frank
Cite This Page
The Diary of Anne Frank Monday, September 21, 1942 Summary Page 1
- Mrs. van Daan is unbearable – she’s always getting mad at Anne for talking so much, and Mrs. van Daan is always trying to weasel her way out of doing the dishes.
- Anne begins home school. She’s trying to learn French, and she’s helping her dad improve his Dutch (remember, her parents are from Germany and their first language is German).
- Anne is discussed by the parents and everybody decides she is a complete "ignoramus," so she tries to study harder.
- Anne suddenly realizes that she does not have sufficient clothes for the winter so she starts knitting a wool jumper.
- Mrs. van Daan shows up and wants to peek at Anne’s diary, which of course Anne refuses.