Otto Frank Timeline and Summary
- Anne’s father prepares a hiding place for his family and others.
- Mr. Frank serves as peacemaker in the Secret Annex. Occasionally, he stands up for Anne when criticism of her becomes especially harsh.
- With the other men, Mr. Frank occasionally leaves the hiding place and goes downstairs to investigate possible burglars.
- Pim is hurt when Anne writes him a letter, expressing her independence from her parents and her wish that they would grant her liberty to develop her relationship with Peter as she wishes.
- Pim is the one person who survives the labor camps. He returns to Holland and publishes Anne’s diary two years after the war ends.