The Diary of Anne Frank
by Anne Frank
Peter van Daan Timeline and Summary
- Anne thinks Peter is lazy and weak. She has little use for him.
- Two years later, Anne begins to desire a friendship with Peter. She appreciates the easy way he talks about sex and gender differences with her.
- Peter appears to be infatuated with Anne. He shyly invites her to spend more time with him.
- Although Peter becomes physically involved with Anne, he does not seem capable of emotional intimacy. He still hides his real feelings deep inside.
- After the Secret Annex is raided, Peter dies when the Germans evacuate Auschwitz to transfer the inmates to another camp closer to the heart of the Nazi power.