The Diary of Anne Frank
The Diary of Anne Frank Thursday, October 1, 1942 Summary
- Everybody is scared and shocked at a sudden ringing of the doorbell at 8 p.m., an usual time for someone to come calling at a business office. Thankfully, it turns out to be nothing.
- They celebrate Mrs. van Daan’s birthday.
- Peter and Anne dress up, Peter in women’s clothes and Anne in men’s, to amuse the adults.
- Mrs. van Daan likes to flirt with Mr. Frank. Apparently she likes patting his cheeks and hiking up her skirt and stuff. Thankfully Anne’s dad isn’t remotely interested.
- The three teenagers are going to start taking a shorthand course at home.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search