The Diary of Anne Frank
The Diary of Anne Frank Tuesday, August 10, 1943 Summary
- Anne decides to keep her opinions to herself during meals, which everyone seems to appreciate.
- The Westertoren clock’s bells have been taken away. They’ll be melted down for some purpose in the war. No one knows what time of day it is anymore.
- Anne gets new shoes (high heels), which everyone admires.
- Anne does a bunch of clumsy things and ends up with a hurt finger, hurt toe, and bump on her head.
- Mr. Dussel endangers everybody’s lives by getting Miep to bring him a forbidden (anti-Mussolini) book.
- Anne writes about potato peeling: how Mr. Dussel does it badly but lectures her on how to do it like him; how Mrs. van Daan tries to flirt with Mr. Dussel while peeling potatoes. This part is pretty funny, be sure to check it out.
- Anne writes about "freedom in the Annex": Bep shows up at 5pm to let them know the office workers are gone, so they can wander around the office and warehouse.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search