The Diary of Anne Frank
by Anne Frank
The Diary of Anne Frank Tuesday, August 10, 1943 Summary
- Anne decides to keep her opinions to herself during meals, which everyone seems to appreciate.
- The Westertoren clock’s bells have been taken away. They’ll be melted down for some purpose in the war. No one knows what time of day it is anymore.
- Anne gets new shoes (high heels), which everyone admires.
- Anne does a bunch of clumsy things and ends up with a hurt finger, hurt toe, and bump on her head.
- Mr. Dussel endangers everybody’s lives by getting Miep to bring him a forbidden (anti-Mussolini) book.
- Anne writes about potato peeling: how Mr. Dussel does it badly but lectures her on how to do it like him; how Mrs. van Daan tries to flirt with Mr. Dussel while peeling potatoes. This part is pretty funny, be sure to check it out.
- Anne writes about "freedom in the Annex": Bep shows up at 5pm to let them know the office workers are gone, so they can wander around the office and warehouse.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...