The Diary of Anne Frank Tuesday, May 18, 1943 Summary
- Anne witnesses an air battle between German and British planes. The Allied soldiers (British) have to parachute out of their burning plane.
- The Secret Annex crew has to burn their garbage everyday rather than put it in a trash can since they don’t want to office workers who don’t know about them to find out.
- The young people of Holland are all being forced to join the Germans or do hard labor in Germany. Anne wonders what will become of Holland.
- The guns are loud and terrifying at night. Mrs. van Daan is terrified and since her husband doesn’t comfort her well enough, she goes to sleep with Mr. Dussel (!).
- Anne finds this so hysterical that the guns don’t bother her anymore that night.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...