The Diary of Anne Frank
by Anne Frank
The Diary of Anne Frank Tuesday, May 2, 1944 Summary
- Anne talks to her father about her relationship with Peter. He does not take it well, worried that she can’t have a normal teenage relationship considering the circumstances.
- Father tells Anne he would rather she didn’t go upstairs quite so often, and that it’s up to Anne, as the female in the relationship, to "set the limits."
- Like Anne, her father also sees Peter’s weakness of character.
- Anne and Peter discuss what Mr. Frank said, and Anne reassures Peter that she trusts him.
- Peter tells Anne’s dad that they’ll keep themselves under control in the relationship and not get too serious.
- Mr. Dussel finally apologizes for being so annoying and sulky recently. But since he does this the day before his birthday, we’re suspicious that he did it for the gifts.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...