Beatrice "Tris" Prior Timeline & Summary
- Beatrice starts off as an internally conflicted Abnegation teen.
- But that all makes sense when she learns that she is Divergent.
- When it comes time to choose her faction, she joins Dauntless—the brave ones.
- She goes through Dauntless initiation (fighting, shooting guns), gaining friends and enemies
- One of her friends betrays her and then commits suicide, which makes Tris feel bad.
- But she also kind of gets romantically involved with Four, which makes Tris feel good.
- While she's learning all about what it means to be Dauntless, she meets her brother, the Erudite, and the scary leader Jeanine.
- Soon enough, she figures out that Erudite leadership is planning a war on Abnegation. Not good.
- But before she can do anything about it, the Dauntless get mind-controlled by Jeanine.
- Luckily, since Tris is Divergent, she isn't controlled, but she goes along and pretends she is. Smart move, Tris.
- Unfortunately, she gets caught by Jeanine. Fortunately, she's rescued by her mom. Unfortunately, that requires her mom to sacrifice herself.
- Then Tris finds the rest of her family, and with them by her side, she infiltrates Dauntless HQ to destroy the computer running the mind-control program.
- Then her dad sacrifices himself for Tris. We're sensing a pattern here.
- Tris helps Four break his mind-control and they stop the program and smooch a little bit.
- Then they all escape on a train, where they're headed for refuge with Amity.