Divergent Chapter 10 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Tris wakes up from a nightmare about Christina hanging over the chasm. Hope you like hearing about people's dreams, because there's going to be a bunch of that in this book.
- Peter continues to be a jerk. For example, he spray-paints the word "Stiff" on Tris's bed while she's in the shower. Seriously, dude?
- Tris talks more with Al, who seems like a gentle giant: he doesn't want to knock anyone else unconscious. Too bad that's a big part of the initiation.
- That day, Tris has to fight Peter in the boxing (and kicking) ring, but no one believes she has any chance against the guy.
- And they're right. Peter knocks her out and puts her in the hospital. When she wakes up, Al, Will, and Christina are there waiting for her.
- And while Will and Christina are friends with Tris, Al might want to be more than friends. (Ugh, we hate that phrase: let's say "other than friends.")
- But Tris isn't interested in Al, though she doesn't want him to feel bad about himself for not wanting to beat people to a pulp.
- They talk briefly about Visiting Day, when transfers' families can come say hi. But will Tris's family come after she abandoned them?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search