Cite This Page
Divergent Chapter 20 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
- Four runs Tris through the fear landscape again. Unfortunately, while it's just a simulation, the fear is bleeding into her actual nightmares.
- This time, Tris's fear is drowning in a glass box while people ignore her.
- But instead of drowning, Tris breaks the glass, which is supposed to be impossible.
- And that's how Four figures out that Tris is Divergent. But he'll hide the info for her. (Which is proof that he likes her, right? We're not crazy, right?)
- Tris goes to chat with Tori about this super secret thing (that quite a few people know about now). Tori tells her that being Divergent means that she knows she's in a simulation and can change things.
- And if the Dauntless leaders find out, they'll kill her. So that's not good.
- In fact, that's what happened to Tori's brother. They made it look like a suicide-by-chasm, but she's sure it was murder.
- So Tris thinks, if Four wanted to help her, either he is Divergent or he knows about Divergents.