Cite This Page
Divergent Chapter 36 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
- After losing her mother, Tris runs away, followed by the sleepwalking Dauntless soldiers.
- Including Will, whom Tris shoots dead.
- After that little interlude (shooting her sleepwalking friend in the head, NBD), Tris finds the basement where her family is hiding.
- Caleb is there because he researched the simulation serum and found out that Jeanine was up to no good.
- And, just to make sure that we know everyone in the family is happy to see each other, dad takes the bullet out of Tris's shoulder. Aw, family.
- But it's not just Tris's family here: there are a bunch of other Abnegation people hiding out, including Tobias/Four's abusive dad Marcus.
- Tris explains the dealio: they have to destroy the computer at Dauntless HQ that is running the simulation. That's the way to make the sleepwalkers wake up.
- So anyone who is willing to fire a gun can come with Tris to Dauntless HQ, while the rest of the Abnegation folk hide out or run for Amity.