by Christopher Marlowe
Doctor Faustus Act 1, Scene 2 Summary
- A guy named First Scholar wonders what's happened to Faustus, since he hasn't seen him around the school lately.
- He and Second Scholar question Wagner—where's Faustus?
- Wagner fesses up that Faustus is chowing down with Valdes and Cornelius.
- Uh oh. First and Second Scholars know what that means: Faustus is lost to the dark arts. After all, Valdes and Cornelius are famous for practicing them. So this little business dinner they're having can't mean anything good for their fellow scholar's soul.
- Ugh, this is sad, sad news. They all feel pretty bad about the danger Faustus's soul is in, and they decide to tell the schoolmaster, hoping that he'll talk their friend down from the dark arts.