Benvolio Timeline and Summary
- In Act 4, Scene 1, a hungover Benvolio tells his friends he'll watch Faustus's conjuring attempt from his window rather than come down.
- As Faustus attempts to conjure Alexander the Great before the Emperor, Benvolio mocks him, believing that there's no way he'll be able to do it.
- As punishment, and for a good laugh, Faustus makes horns appear on Benvolio's head.
- Angered by this humiliation, in Act 4, Scene 2, Benvolio conspires with his friends Martino and Frederick to ambush Faustus and murder him.
- Benvolio's murder attempt fails when Faustus's headless body comes alive again.
- Benvolio and his friends receive punishment from Faustus's devils. They are dragged through mud and slime, then see horns appear on their head again. Oops.
- Benvolio invites Martino and Frederick to his isolated castle so that they will not have to appear in public before the horns are gone.
Previous Page: Pope Adrian and Bruno