A Doll's House
by Henrik Ibsen
Dr. Rank Timeline and Summary
- Dr. Rank stops by for a visit with Torvald.
- He tells us a little about Krogstad's unsavory past.
- He also philosophizes about life, death, and moral corruption.
- Dr. Rank tells Nora that he'll soon die.
- He admits his love for Nora.
- He watches Nora dance the Tarantella.
- Dr. Rank parties hard at the Stenborgs' place.
- He drops by one last time to see the Helmers.
- Dr. Rank puts two cards with black crosses in the mailbox, announcing his impending death.