The Island of Dr. Moreau
by H. G. Wells
Dr. Moreau Timeline and Summary
- Moreau initially refuses Prendick permission to live on his island. However, after seeing Davis set Prendick adrift at sea, he reluctantly lets Prendick stay.
- The doctor allows Prendick to lives at the enclosure, but demands that certain doors be locked.
- Excited about his new subject, he eagerly begins vivisecting the puma.
- When Prendick accidentally walks in on Moreau's experiments and runs away, Moreau is forced to catch him.
- Entering the Beast Folk's village like a king, he demands Prendick be given to him, but Prendick slips away.
- Moreau explains to Prendick that he is vivisecting animals to try and create the perfect human form (not the other way around).
- Weeks later, the puma escapes and Moreau chases after him alone. The two kill each other.
- The vivisector's body is burned on a pyre with his experiments.