The Island of Dr. Moreau
Cite This Page
Montgomery Timeline and Summary
- Aboard the Ipecacuanha, Montgomery takes in the injured Prendick and nurses him back to health. The two become good friends.
- Davis sets Prendick adrift, and Montgomery takes pity on his new friend, taking him to the island instead.
- When Prendick discovers Moreau's secret, Montgomery tries to explain but Prendick takes a swing at him with a bit of wood.
- Montgomery helps Moreau chase down Prendick, so Moreau can explain the truth.
- When Prendick and he go to the hot springs, they discover a dead rabbit. Montgomery reports the news back to Moreau and joins the hunt of the Leopard Man.
- When Moreau chases after the puma, Montgomery goes looking for Moreau. He, Prendick, and M'ling find that Moreau and the puma have killed each other.
- Prendick and Montgomery destroy all the experiments in Moreau's lab.
- Distraught, Montgomery takes up drinking. He invites M'ling and other Beast Folk to join him.
- The party lasts all night. Montgomery uses the only ships on the island as wood for a bonfire.
- Montgomery and some Beast Folk fight for an unknown reason. Everyone involved is killed except Montgomery who is badly wounded.
- Prendick makes it to the beach just in time to hear Montgomery's last words.
- Montgomery is buried at sea.