by Bram Stoker
Dr. John Seward Timeline and Summary
- Seward meets Lucy Westenra and falls in love.
- He proposes and is rejected.
- Seward throws himself into his work to avoid brooding over Lucy.
- He becomes interested in a peculiar case at work: Renfield, an odd man who is obsessed with flies, spiders, etc.
- Lucy gets sick; Seward is called in to help.
- Lucy gets worse; Seward gives her a blood transfusion.
- Lucy dies.
- Seward finds out Lucy has become a vampire and is distraught.
- Seward witnesses her real and final death and helps cut off her head.
- Seward agrees to help find and destroy Dracula, the vampire who started it all.
- Seward travels to Transylvania with the rest of the Crew of Light and helps kill Dracula.
- Eventually he gets married and lives happily ever after.