Eclipse Chapter 10 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Edward leaves before Jacob arrives at Bella's house to pick up the scent of the intruder. It's clear that a truce doesn't mean they have to like each other.
- When Bella brings up her impending transformation again, Jacob accidentally cuts himself with a knife. Bella freaks out, but then witnesses the supernatural healing power that comes with werewolf nature.
- Before he leaves, Jacob pleads with Bella to convince Edward to let her come to La Push for a bon fire party with the whole werewolf crew.
- As soon as Jacob's gone, Edward returns –flaunting Bella's letter of acceptance from Dartmouth. Bella tells him she doesn't accept any bribes and that she'll attend the University of Alaska where she can pay the tuition herself. Plus, it's far away, so she has time to think of an excuse for why she can't visit Charlie after her transformation.
- Edward urges Bella to give herself more time to enjoy her human life, but she doesn't budge on her decision.
- Bella notices that some of her clothes are missing. Edward believes the intruder stole her clothes to prove her identity and to have a sample of her smell. On top of this disconcerting news, Bella learns that the murders in Seattle have gotten so out of control that Edward's family fears that someone built an army of newborn vampires and that the Volturi will step in shortly. Being so close to Forks, they might check on Bella while they're at it.
- When Bella asks Edward if she can attend the bonfire party, he agrees under the condition that he gets to drive her to the front line of werewolf territory. Jacob picks her up and both boys compete in their displays of affection for Bella.