by Stephenie Meyer
Eclipse Chapter 25 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- The war against the evil vampire is won, when the next problem appears on the horizon. The Volturi are on their way, allegedly to kill off the vampire army.
- On their way to meet the Cullens and the werewolves, Bella learns from Edward that Jacob was badly wounded while saving Leah, who engaged a newborn vampire by herself. Bella faints.
- When Bella awakes, she learns that Jacob will be alright.
- One of the newborn vampires, a young girl named Bree, surrendered, so Carlisle decided to spare her life. Bella watches the young vampire, who's thirsting for her blood:
She glared at me viciously, shuddering and writhing every few seconds. I stared at her… wondering if I were looking into a mirror of my future. (25.198-199)
- Jane and Felix of the Volturi arrive. Since they don't know about the werewolves' involvement in the battle, they're awed by how the Cullens conquered an army of twenty newborns, including Victoria.
- Seeing that Bella is still human, Jane reminds them of their promise and the Cullens confirm that her transformation will take place soon.
- Jane makes another attempt to use her mind-torturing skills on Bella, again in vain.
- Jane asks Felix to kill Bree, because leaving her alive is against the rules of the vampire world. They take off.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...