Economic Policy (Macroeconomics)
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Economic Policy (Macroeconomics)Teacher Pass
Economic Policy (Macroeconomics) Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- How does California represent broader economic issues?
- How are California and New York’s problems similar to those of Greece?
- Are you a Keynesian? Do you believe fiscal policy can get the U.S. out of its current recession?
- In 2008, President Obama pushed for an almost $1 billion stimulus. Where did it help the economy?
Where did it hurt? Where did it have no impact?
- Is the United States in a recession? If yes, when did it start?
- Which is more important, fighting recessions or fighting inflation?
- How has the U.S. government used monetary policy to stimulate the economy?
- How has the U.S. government used fiscal policy to stimulate the economy?
- Compare FDR’s New Deal to Obama’s 2008 stimulus package?
- Do you believe entitlements like Social Security and Medicare should be cut back? What, if any, changes would you make to these programs?
- Are you concerned about high deficits? Why or why not?
- Are we in a deflationary period?
- Do you support an extension of the Bush-era tax cuts? For all groups or some?
- Imagine your job is to cut the deficit. How do you do it?