Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What does "Eldorado" say about the California Gold Rush? Was Poe right in his predictions?
- Is it possible that this poem isn't even about the Gold Rush? Why or why not?
- What does the poem say about Eldorado? Does it suggest that it ever existed?
- What roles does the shadow play, really? Is it scary at all?
- How might "Eldorado" reflect Poe's own opinions on happiness?
- How does the fact that the main character is a knight affect the poem?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search