by Gail Carson Levine
Related History & Literature on Shmoop
Available to teachers only as part of the Ella Enchanted Teacher Pass
Ella EnchantedTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Related History & Literature on Shmoop
- Would the Real Cinderella Please Stand Up?
We wouldn't have Ella without her namesake, Cinderella. Read up on the original Grimm Brothers' fairy tale and compare it to the Disney version as well as more modern versions, like Ella Enchanted or even the cheesy-but-adorable 2004 A Cinderella Story.
- Char: More Than Just a Pretty Face?
Translations always make things interesting. Machiavelli's The Prince or Il Principe lends itself to a world of meaning beyond Disney princes: "A principe could be a duke, a king, a president, a prime minister, whatever—as long as it's a word that means leader." Do you think Char fits this description? Is he a leader?