Emma Chapter Twenty-Four Summary
- Frank and Mrs. Weston show back up at Hartfield early the next morning.
- Emma joins them as they walk into town.
- Frank seems charmed by everything in the town – and most of all the delightful Miss Woodhouse.
- Excited by the handsome new man, Emma starts up a witty conversation about Jane Fairfax, insinuating that she was in love with her friend’s husband.
- Mr. Churchill agrees with her in everything – including poking fun at Miss Fairfax’s past.
- They have a delightful walk.
- Emma reflects that Frank isn’t quite as smart as she imagined, but he’s definitely cute.
- And he’s enthusiastic about her. Isn’t that enough?