Cite This Page
Miss Bates Timeline and Summary
- Miss Bates is delighted that her niece is coming.
- She tells Emma all about it.
- Miss Bates comes to visit Hartfield to thank Emma for sending her pork.
- She comes to the Coles’ dinner, FULL of gossip.
- Miss Bates invites Emma and Harriet into her home to listen to Jane play piano.
- She finally gets on Jane’s nerves at the Donwell Abbey party.
- Emma insults her at the Box Hill party.
- Miss Bates, too good-natured to think badly of Emma, assumes that it must be her own fault.
- She and Jane don’t want to see Emma.
- Emma visits and Miss Bates forgives her.
- Miss Bates is delighted at the news of Jane’s engagement.