Mr. John Knightley Timeline and Summary
- The Knightleys come to visit for London.
- Mr. Knightley and his brother talk about the farm.
- After meeting Mr. Elton, he warns Emma about Mr. Elton’s intentions.
- Mr. John Knightley gets upset about having to leave his family to go to the Westons’ Christmas party.
- The family goes back to London.
- He returns to drop his boys off with Emma.
- He stays to dinner.
- Talking to Jane Fairfax actually makes him polite.
- He returns to London.
- When he hears about Mr. Knightley and Emma’s engagement, he writes a letter making it clear that Emma is getting the better half of the deal.