by Jane Austen
Mrs. Weston Timeline and Summary
- Mrs. Weston gets married right before the novel begins.
- She visits Emma almost every day.
- Mrs. Weston isn’t convinced that Frank will ever visit.
- When he does, she’s quick to forgive him.
- At Christmas, she hosts a dinner party.
- Mrs. Weston and Mr. Knightley have a conversation about Harriet and Emma.
- She begins to think that Emma and Frank would make a good couple.
- She believes that Mr. Knightley might like Jane; Emma disagrees.
- Mrs. and Mr. Weston host a ball at the Crown.
- At Donwell Abbey, she stays with Mr. Woodhouse, going over the collections there.
- When the news of Frank’s engagement breaks, she’s very worried for Emma.
- Mrs. Weston goes to visit Jane, getting the whole story of the engagement.
- She tells Emma all about it.
- The Westons have a baby.