Assignments & Activities
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching Equal Protection Teacher Pass
Teaching Equal Protection Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Assignments & Activities
Document Analysis and Debate: Women and the Draft
In 1981, in Rostker v. Goldberg, the Supreme Court held that excluding women from the draft was constitutional. In this exercise you will explore with your students whether it is time to revisit this ruling and this policy. 1. Fo...
Statistical Analysis: Gay Marriage
1. The Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life released a study in 2009 on American attitudes toward gay marriage, civil unions, and homosexuality. Direct your students to ...