Eragon Chapter 31 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Master of the Blade
- The next day, Brom and Eragon are feeling better.
- Eragon asks Brom about the woman that he scried, but Brom doesn't know her.
- They spend the day traveling and make it to the shores of Leona Lake, camping for the night.
- The next morning, Eragon jumps on Saphira and they dive into the lake together. Fun times.
- He dries off and they head back on the road, with Saphira splashing around in the lake.
- That night, it's time to spar again. This time, though, Eragon wins.
- Sparring's over, says Brom. When Eragon protests, Brom explains that he can't teach Eragon anything more. He's now officially one super-bad hombre with a sword.
- Watch out for things like elves and the Ra'zac, though, Brom warns. They are stronger than humans.
- Eragon wants to know more about how to fight with magic.
- It turns out that there are strict rules. Magicians can't fight until they have breached each other's mental defenses. That way they have a split-second to react to spells. Otherwise, it would just be too dangerous. As it is, even if you have a second of warning about a spell, there's no guarantee that you can do anything to stop it.
- It sounds tough and dangerous.
- Yup, agrees Brom. But he'll train Eragon. In the meantime, here's what to do if he finds himself in a magician's battle: run.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search