Eragon Chapter 4 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- When Eragon returns home that night, he decides to check out the stone some more. He bangs on it a bit, but can't chip the surface.
- Oh, then he hears a squeak coming from inside the stone. NBD.
- He wonders if he was meant to have the stone—maybe it really is magical. This is a kid with dreams.
- Later that night, a loud squeaking wakes Eragon up. This ain't no mouse we're talking about.
- He looks around in the darkness, but can't see a thing. As he gets up, he realizes that the squeaking is coming from inside the stone. Hmmm.
- Eragon has about had it with this magical rock that can't be sold and is now acting like a busted alarm clock.
- He tries to go back to sleep, but he wakes up a while later. Yup, it's the stone again. This time, it's rocking wildly back and forth.
- As he gets up, the stone rocks off the shelf and rolls toward him.
- It starts to crack open, and… out pops a baby dragon.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search