Cite This Page
Eragon Chapter 7 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
A Name of Power
- Eragon is heading home with Roran, who tells him that he got a job offer with a miller named Dempton. Eragon is shocked to hear that he's going to take the job. After all, it means leaving Carvahall and his family.
- Still, Roran needs the money. For what, you ask? He wants to marry Katrina.
- Eragon is sad to hear this, but it makes sense to him. He doesn't think Garrow's going to take it well, though.
- When Eragon gets home, he goes out into the woods and confides in the dragon. He's majorly bummed about Roran's leaving. The dragon is a good listener.
- Then Eragon decides that the dragon needs a name. (Thanks, Eragon! We were getting tired of calling it "the dragon" all this time.)
- He goes through a bunch of the male names he got from Brom, but the dragon's not feeling them.
- That's when Eragon realizes that the dragon is a she.
- Finally, they settle on "Saphira" for her name. Whew.