Saphira Timeline & Summary
- Saphira's egg lands with a tremendous BOOM right near Eragon, who is out hunting.
- Later, she hatches in Eragon's room. NBD.
- She is raised secretly in the woods near Eragon's farm, growing larger and stronger.
- When she hears about strangers in Carvahall, asking about her egg, Saphira has a major freak-out. She launches into the air, taking Eragon off into the mountains.
- Saphira hides while Eragon tries to nurse his Uncle Garrow back to health.
- After Garrow dies, Saphira suggests that they take revenge on those dark strangers who killed Garrow.
- Saphira meets Brom the storyteller, and the three of them set off in pursuit of the Ra'zac. They track the Ra'zac, but then lose the trail. Foiled!
- She and Eragon practice their flying together and eventually, they make their way to Teirm.
- From there, they make their way to Dras-Leona, and Saphira has to stay hidden during the day.
- After Eragon and Brom are discovered by the Ra'zac in Dras-Leona, Saphira is forced to flee with them.
- When Eragon is taken prisoner while trying to make contact with the Varden in Gil'ead, Saphira tears the roof off the sucker—ahem, castle—and flies off with Eragon, Murtagh, and the unconscious Arya.
- Saphira flees with Murtagh, Eragon, and Arya, helping the group get to the Varden's hideout in the Beor Mountains.
- She helps the Varden prepare for battle with the Urgals; and in the battle, Saphira does some major damage and then flies to rescue Eragon.
- With Arya on her back, Saphira breaks through the giant star sapphire and breathes fire for the first time. Aw.
- Last but not least, she agrees to accompany Eragon to see the Cripple Who is Whole. Now that's a friend.
Next Page: Brom Timeline
Previous Page: Eragon