Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. What are the Constitutional qualifications for becoming President?
2. What are the duties inherent in being "chief executive" and "chief administrator" of the U.S.?
3. What does being "commander-in-chief" mean?
4. What are the different ways that a President can be removed from office?
5. How many presidents have been impeached?
Answers1. You have to be 35 years old, a native-born citizen, and lived in the US for the last 14 years.
2. The President executes all of the nation's laws and treaties, and runs the government.
3. The President is the head of America's armed forces -- even if he's never served personally.
4. He can either be impeached by Congress if he commits a high crime and misdemeanor, or he can be judged "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" by the vice president and the majority of the cabinet by the terms of the 25th Amendment. He can also not be re-elected, or he could be term-limited to two terms.
5. Two -- and both times the Senate voted not to convict.