A Farewell to Arms Chapter 23 Summary
- Before leaving for the front, Frederic and Catherine meet. Frederic buys a gun because he has lost his. They decide to get a room together, and stop to buy her a nightgown.
- In the room, Catherine tells Frederic she feels like a whore for the first time, and that she doesn’t like it.
- They drink and eat, and she feels better. They talk about their families a little bit, and Frederic wants to know where she will give birth to their child, but she is not sure.
- He asks when she will write him, and she says she will write daily.
- He has to leave so that he doesn’t miss the train, and they get ready to leave the hotel.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...