A Farewell to Arms
by Ernest Hemingway
A Farewell to Arms Chapter 24 Summary
- Frederic settles the bill, and gets a carriage to drive them to the train station.
- It’s raining, and when Frederic gets out of the carriage, it starts to take Catherine back to the hospital.
- From the carriage, Catherine motions to him to take shelter from the rain in an alcove.
- Frederic had made arrangements to have a seat saved for him on the train, but an artillery captain gets mad about it and Frederic gives him the seat.
- The train is very crowded and gets even more crowded. Frederic sleeps on the floor. The train stays crowded as they journey toward the front.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...