A Farewell to Arms
A Farewell to Arms Chapter 8 Summary
- In response to a report of a potential attack on the river, four ambulances are sent to the front. Mr. Henry is driving one of them. On the way, he stops at the hospital to see Catherine.
- He tells her that he’s going overnight. She takes off her necklace and gives it to Mr. Henry, telling him the pendant attached to it is Saint Anthony.
- He asks if she’s Catholic and she says that she isn’t but "Saint Anthony is very useful."
- She says he shouldn’t kiss her there.
- Back in the car, the driver shows Mr. Henry that he’s also wearing a St. Anthony and suggests that Saint Anthony works better when worn, so Mr. Henry puts it on.
- They drive all afternoon, and Mr. Henry observes the beauty of the scenery. It is dusk when they reach the main road.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search