When authors refer to other great works, people, and events, it’s usually not accidental. Put on your super-sleuth hat and figure out why.
Literary and Philosophical References
- Julius Caesar, William Shakespeare (Title, 7.41)
- The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, T. S. Eliot (10.125)
- "Ceci n'est pas une pipe," Magritte (12.4)
- Zeno's Tortoise Paradox (12.87-89)
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (13.20-24)
- "The Red Wheelbarrow," William Carlos Williams (18.42)
Pop Culture References
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...