The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars Chapter 10 Summary
- The trip to Amsterdam has finally arrived, and Hazel goes out into the car after breakfast with her parents.
- Her Dad gives her a mushy gushy farewell, and she and her mother drive over to Augustus's house.
- Inside, someone is crying. Augustus and his mom are apparently fighting.
- Hazel and her mom quickly retreat back to the car.
- Hazel gets a text from Augustus about what to wear, and then he shows up outside the house, smiling as if nothing's happened.
- They drive to the airport and go through all the security checkpoints before arriving at the gate.
- It's a little awkward boarding the plane because everyone's watching them like zoo animals. "Oh look, the sick kids!"
- Augustus is super excited about flying, and Hazel kisses him on the cheek—in a friendly way, of course. Those two are starting to get awful friendly.
- They fly all the way to Detroit to catch their plane to… where else? Amsterdam!
- Hazel and Augustus watch movies and discuss mortality and all that good stuff.
- Then without much fanfare, Augustus tells Hazel that he's in love with her. She doesn't say anything back, but still. Awww moment.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search