The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars Chapter 10 Summary
- The trip to Amsterdam has finally arrived, and Hazel goes out into the car after breakfast with her parents.
- Her Dad gives her a mushy gushy farewell, and she and her mother drive over to Augustus's house.
- Inside, someone is crying. Augustus and his mom are apparently fighting.
- Hazel and her mom quickly retreat back to the car.
- Hazel gets a text from Augustus about what to wear, and then he shows up outside the house, smiling as if nothing's happened.
- They drive to the airport and go through all the security checkpoints before arriving at the gate.
- It's a little awkward boarding the plane because everyone's watching them like zoo animals. "Oh look, the sick kids!"
- Augustus is super excited about flying, and Hazel kisses him on the cheek—in a friendly way, of course. Those two are starting to get awful friendly.
- They fly all the way to Detroit to catch their plane to… where else? Amsterdam!
- Hazel and Augustus watch movies and discuss mortality and all that good stuff.
- Then without much fanfare, Augustus tells Hazel that he's in love with her. She doesn't say anything back, but still. Awww moment.