The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars Chapter 21 Summary
- Augustus dies, and Hazel isn't there to witness it.
- She gets a phone call in the middle of the night from his mother and knows immediately that it's over.
- Her parents are terrified and filled with grief and don't know how to make her feel better at all.
- Hazel calls Augustus's phone. She also goes onto his Facebook page, where she sees all these condolence posts about him.
- She's annoyed by all the people who said that he'd live forever in their hearts.
- She writes a post about how he died of the "universe's need to make and unmake all that is possible." No one responds.
- She goes into the living room to watch TV, and her parents try to make her feel better.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...