The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars Chapter 25 Summary
- The next morning, Hazel wakes up and talks to Kaitlyn on the phone for a little bit.
- While she's talking to her, she suddenly realizes that Augustus may have sent the pages to Van Houten.
- She emails Lidewij right away, and Lidewij writes back saying that she is going over to his house to look for them.
- Hazel waits obsessively to hear back from Lidewij.
- She can't kick the sadness, though—she and Augustus won't have a future together. Hazel's mom comes in and says that they're going out to celebrate Bastille Day.
- They go to the park and have a picnic. Afterward, they go to the cemetery and Hazel sticks a little French flag in Augustus's grave… for Bastille Day and all.
- When she gets home, she has an email from Lidewij… with four attachments.
- When she opens them, she realizes that Augustus hadn't written the ending to An Imperial Affliction for her.
- He'd written her a eulogy. It goes like this: in life, you don't get to choose whether or not you get hurt, but you do get to choose what hurts you. Augustus is happy with his choices, and he hopes Hazel is, too.
- She is.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search