The Fault in Our Stars Chapter 3 Summary
- Coy as she may be, Hazel totally wants to hear Augustus's sweet, sweet voice on the phone again, so she hunkers down and reads The Price of Dawn all night.
- Hazel's mom wakes her up and informs her that OMG IT'S HER HALF BIRTHDAY. So Hazel calls up her friend Kaitlyn and they agree to meet at the mall.
- The usual teenage activities of shoe shopping and chit chat occur, but Hazel decides not to mention Augustus... yet. That would make for some pretty juicy gossip, though.
- Awkwardness ensues when Kaitlyn mentions death. Hazel goes off and wanders around by herself in the mall for a little bit and settles down to read the sequel to The Price of Dawn.
- A little girl approaches Hazel and asks her what her cannula (her oxygen tank) is, and Hazel lets her try it.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...