The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
The Fault in Our Stars Chapter 6 Summary
- Hazel bounds home and breaks the exciting news to her parents, but they're not convinced that she's up for the travel yet.
- Dr. Maria says it would be okay for her to go to Amsterdam, maybe, but only if her mom goes along.
- Hazel's got some confused teen girl feelings for Augustus, but she's afraid of letting anything at all happen.
- She calls Kaitlyn and they talk through it. Hazel comes to the realization that she's afraid of hurting him... again. Just in the way that Caroline Mathers had hurt him.
- Hazel then commits the cardinal sin of social media and goes online to look at Caroline Mathers's Facebook. Nooo Hazel! No good will come out of this.
- At dinner, she's nervous and a little freaked out by the whole situation with Augustus.
- She finally bursts and tells her parents that she's like a grenade and that at some point she's going to blow up and she doesn't want there to be a lot of casualties.
- She gets all mopey and texts Augustus to tell him that she doesn't want to kiss him because she's afraid of what she'll put him through.
- He texts back that it's okay. Very understanding, that Augustus boy.
- Then Hazel's parents come into her room and tell her how amazing they think she is and that they don't see her as a grenade at all. They even say that she doesn't have to go to Support Group.
- She goes to sleep, but wakes up with this horrible pain in the center of her head.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...