FDR's New Deal
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching FDR's New DealTeacher Pass
Teaching FDR's New Deal Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- What are the responsibilities of government during economic crises?
- Direct assistance?
- A job?
- Is there a danger that assistance will lead to dependence? Explain why or why not.
- How much debt should the government take on in order to provide assistance and create jobs?
- To what extent should the economy be allowed to heal itself?
- What evidence can you find that suggests a poor economy that is left alone will correct itself over time?
- What evidence suggests the opposite—that a poor economy requires government assistance to right itself?