Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching FDR's New DealTeacher Pass
Teaching FDR's New DealTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. When was Franklin D. Roosevelt elected president?
2. What were the "3 R's"?
3. Under the New Deal, unemployed people unable to find work were able to take temporary jobs working for which federal government agencies?
4. How did Roosevelt change the relationship between the government and the economy?
5. Did the New Deal end the Great Depression.
2. Relief, recovery, and reform.
3. The Civilian Conservation Corps and Works Progress Administration.
4. Roosevelt's New Deal established a much larger role for the government in the economy. After Roosevelt, the government sought to intervene to help the economy if and when the free market crashed.
5. No. The economy improved dramatically under the New Deal, compared to its terrible state in 1933, but it did not recover to pre-1929 levels until World War II.