Cite This Page
Cory Maxson Timeline and Summary
- Gets home from football practice.
- Gets fussed at by Rose for not doing his chores before he left.
- Helps Troy build the fence.
- Tries to talk to his dad about baseball but is continually shot down.
- Argues with Troy about the football scholarship.
- Tries to explain to his father that his job at the A&P will still be there after football season.
- Asks Troy why he doesn't like him.
- Is told by his father that he doesn't have to like him – he only has to provide for him.
- Is ordered by Troy to go get his job back at the A&P.
- Talks with a friend on the phone before heading off to practice, neglecting to do his chores.
- Returns from practice steaming mad because Troy got him removed from the team.
- Hits at the rag ball in the front yard.
- Grumbles that he's not going to quit the team, no matter what.
- Helps Troy and Bono build the fence.
- Punches Troy in the chest when he sees him roughing up Rose.
- Graduates high school.
- Has trouble finding a job.
- Gets in a fight with Troy, complete with a baseball bat.
- Is defeated by his father.
- Gets kicked out.
- Returns seven years later on the day of Troy's funeral.
- Gets lectured by Rose because he doesn't want to go to the funeral.
- Sings a song with Raynell.